Friday, September 10, 2010

Batman Arkham Asylum


Just finished Batman Arkham Asylum and thought I'd share my opinion. I had originally got the game on release for the ps3 but never finished it and subsequently sold it on. I picked it up for the 360 the other week after seeing it for a tenner. I'd class myself as a Batman fan but one who is far from diehard but this game appeals to fans of quality action adventure titles as much as it does those of the Dark Knight. It's easy to see that Developers Rocksteady loved the source material and the game is simply oozing with little details from the Batman universe. As a game in its own right it can stand beside the best in the genre. Fantastic atmosphere, a brilliant combat system and gorgeous graphics complete the package. It's let down slightly by the last half hour which felt rushed and wasn't in keeping with the quality of the rest of the game. Overall however, it was a fantastic experience and well worth playing. The sequel Arkham City is set for a release next year and should be well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment